TL-USBNet Device Driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
Thesycon’s TL-USBNet driver provides a network adapter emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing the specific network protocol on USB.
TL-USBNet device driver works with USB devices that are compliant to the following CDC subclasses:
- Ethernet Control Model (CDC/ECM)
- Network Control Model (CDC/NCM)
- Ethernet Emulation Model (CDC/EEM)
The driver implements a network adapter based on Microsoft's network driver model NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification).
Features of the USB network drivers
- Supports USB 2.0 full speed and high speed, and USB 3.0/3.1/3.2 super speed or higher
- Supports devices that are compliant with one of the following device class specifications: CDC/ECM, CDC/NCM, CDC/EEM
- Compatible with device implementations based on the Linux USB gadget framework
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the specification only, i.e. a subset of the required class requests
- Implements an NDIS 6.20 compliant network adapter for Windows 7.
- Implements an NDIS 6.30 compliant network adapter for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Implements an NDIS 6.50 compliant network adapter for Windows 10.
- USB communication based on WDF (KMDF)
- Optionally the driver supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend (Windows 10 only)
- Driver behavior is highly configurable via customization settings
- Custom features or optimizations can be implemented on request
- Source code is available on request (subject to a separate license agreement)
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements.
To get a WHQL certification, HLK tests must be executed with licensee's device which can
be done by licensee or Thesycon. If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
X86 (32 bit)
X64 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry/Pro
Windows Embedded 8 Standard
Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7)
Windows Embedded Enterprise
Windows Embedded POSReady
Windows 10 IoT
Software made in Germany
Our software is purely designed and implemented by our team in Germany - no outsourcing. Technical support is provided directly by the developers.
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
This driver is a replacement for the former USB CDC/ECM, USB CDC/NCM and USB CDC/EEM drivers. Latest version of these drivers is 2.56. Licensees can upgrade to the new TL-USBNet driver.
Current version of TL-USBNet driver: 3.40
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBNet driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
Current version of driver for Windows CE and Embedded Compact: 1.13
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and provides a subset of product IDs (PID) to licensees of Thesycon drivers.
© 2021 THESYCON