USB-HEAR – USB High-end Audio Receiver
The USB High-end Audio Receiver will be available soon. For more information please email to
USB-HEAR is a microcontroller-based USB audio receiver solution for HiFi DAC and amplifier applications. It is implemented as a system on module (SoM) which enables easy and rapid integration.
The receiver implements a USB audio class 2.0 compliant PCM and DSD playback interface compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux hosts. For Windows, a bit-perfect, high-res audio driver is available.
For proper integration with a DAC, the module supports an external master clock input. The receiver can be controlled and monitored through an I2C register interface and a set of control and status lines.
Typical Application scenario in a DAC or amplifier product
Feature Summary – USB High-end Audio Receiver
- USB audio class 2.0 compliant isochronous streaming, two audio channels (stereo)
- Asynchronous clocking model, USB playback stream is synchronized to master oscillator
- 32-bit PCM sample format up to 768 kHz sampling rate
- Native DSD up to DSD1024, compatible with Windows driver and Linux
- DSD over PCM (DoP) up to DSD256
- I2S compliant digital interface for connecting a digital-to-analog converter
- 32-bit PCM format up to 768 kHz sampling rate
- DSD format up to DSD1024
- 24-bit PCM format up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- I2S compliant digital interface for connecting external digital sources such as a streaming client or tuner
- 32-bit PCM format up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Control and status register set accessible via I2C
- Interrupt status line for notifications on status register changes
- Status lines for master clock selection, PCM/DSD format selection and DAC mute
USB HID Consumer Control:
- Multimedia key events can be sent to the host to control a player application
- For example: Volume Up, Volume Down, Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Fast Backward etc.
- Firmware update via USB supported on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Firmware update via I2C from main controller
Supported Operating Systems
USB-HEAR works with built-in drivers on Windows 10 and 11, macOS and Linux.
To enable the full feature set, specifically native DSD playback, a custom driver for Windows 11 and 10 is available.
Software made in Germany
Our software is purely designed and implemented by our team in Germany - no outsourcing. Technical support is provided directly by the developers.
Licensing conditions & Prices
For more information, license conditions and prices please email to
© 2022 THESYCON