TL-USBCOM Driver for Windows 10 and Windows 11
The TL-USBCOM driver provides a serial port emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing a serial emulation protocol on USB. The driver works with devices that are complaint to the USB CDC/ACM device class model and also supports non-compliant devices.
TL-USBCOM Driver Features
- WDF (KMDF) compliant Windows USB device driver
- Exposes a virtual COM port with dynamic plug-and-play behavior
- Optionally exposes a static COM port to support legacy applications, see FAQ section
- Supports devices that are compliant with the USB CDC/ACM device class specification
- Supports USB 2.0 full speed and high speed, and USB 3.0/3.1/3.2 super speed or higher
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the CDC/ACM specification only
- Supports devices that implement a pair of bulk pipes but are not compliant with CDC/ACM otherwise
- Supports maximum throughput achievable with a given USB device while maintaining low CPU usage
- Supports unambiguous COM instance identification: applications can enumerate and open COM ports by GUID rather than name or number
- Optionally the driver supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend
- Driver behavior is highly configurable via customization settings
- Custom features or optimizations can be implemented on request
- Source code is available on request (subject to a separate license agreement)
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- The driver is signed by using Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements.
To get a WHQL certification, HLK tests must be executed with licensee's device which can
be done by licensee or Thesycon. If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
- Windows 11 arm64
- Windows 11 64-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit
- Windows Server 2022 64-bit
- Windows Server 2019 64-bit
The TL-USBCOM driver is also available for Windows 7, 8, 8.1. Since Microsoft is discontinuing cross signing for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 drivers a WHQL certification is required.
For more information about TL-USBCOM driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and WHQL certification, please contact
Software made in Germany
Our software is purely designed and implemented by our team in Germany - no outsourcing. Technical support is provided directly by the developers.
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
Current version: 2.37
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBCOM driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and provides a subset of product IDs (PID) to licensees of Thesycon drivers.
© 2023 THESYCON