TL-USBCOM Driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
The TL-USBCOM driver provides a serial port emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing a serial emulation protocol on USB. The driver works with devices that are complaint to the USB CDC/ACM device class model and also supports non-compliant devices.
TL-USBCOM Driver Features
- WDF (KMDF) compliant Windows USB device driver
- Exposes a virtual COM port with dynamic plug-and-play behavior
- Optionally exposes a static COM port to support legacy applications
- Supports devices that are compliant with the USB CDC/ACM device class specification
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the CDC/ACM specification only
- Supports devices that implement a pair of bulk pipes but are not compliant with CDC/ACM otherwise
- Supports maximum throughput achievable with a given USB device while maintaining low CPU usage
- Supports unambiguous COM instance identification: applications can enumerate and open COM ports by GUID rather than name or number
- Optionally the driver supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend (Windows 10 only)
- Optional device co-installer which supports automatic COM name assignment based on rules defined in an INI-style text file
- Driver behavior is highly configurable via customization settings
- Custom features or optimizations can be implemented on request
- Source code is available on request (subject to a separate license agreement)
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements.
To get a WHQL certification, HLK tests must be executed with licensee's device which can
be done by licensee or Thesycon. If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2016
Windows 10 IoT
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
Current version: 1.33
Current version of driver for Windows CE and Embedded Compact: 1.60
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBCOM driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
© 2018 THESYCON