USB CDC/ECM Class Driver for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
Thesycon’s USB CDC/ECM device driver provides a network adapter emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing the ECM protocol on USB. ECM stands for Ethernet Control Model and is an Ethernet emulation protocol defined by the USB Implementers Forum.
The driver supports all current Windows desktop operating system versions and works with devices that are compliant to the Communication Device Class (CDC) specification, subclass Ethernet Control Model (ECM).
USB CDC/ECM Class Driver Features
- USB Support The driver supports USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. It supports full and high speed mode.
- NDIS 6.2 Support. Exposes a network adapter interface according to the NDIS 6.2 model for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- NDIS 5.1 Support. Exposes a network adapter interface according to the NDIS 5.1 model for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Plug&Play. The driver fully supports plug and play.
- Power Management. The driver supports the Windows power management model. The network adapter is not stopped when the PC enters standby, sleep or hibernate. A device with Auto-IP address negotiation is not required to restart the negotiation after resume from a power down state.
- MAC Address. By default, the driver uses the MAC address reported by the device. If the device cannot provide a MAC address, the driver can use a MAC address defined in the INF file.
- IP Address. The IP address of the adapter can be assigned via DHCP, Auto-IP, or manually.
- Multiple USB Interfaces. The ECM class driver can be used with devices that implement multiple USB interfaces. A separate network adapter instance will be created for each ECM interface. Thesycon offers a multi-interface driver that is required to build an individual device node for each interface. For more information, check out http://www.thesycon.de/usbmultiinterface.
- Hardware Multicast Filter. The driver supports hardware multicast filter.
- Hardware Ethernet Statistic. The driver supports hardware Ethernet statistic requests.
- WHQL Certification. The driver conforms to Windows Driver Model (WDM) and can be certified by Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) for Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit) operating systems.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)
Windows Embedded 8 Standard
Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7)
Windows Embedded Enterprise
Windows Embedded POSReady
Windows Embedded Server
Windows XP embedded
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2003
Windows Home Server
Thesycon also offers an ECM class driver for Windows CE and Windows Mobile.
Using Thesycon’s PnP Driver Installer it is very easy to create a custom setup wizard that handles driver installation, un-installation and update in a comfortable and reliable way. For more information on PnP Driver Installer, check out http://www.thesycon.de/pnpinstaller.
The demo version is time-limited but has full functionality. After the device is connected the driver can be used for 4 hours, then the driver disables itself and the computer must be rebooted in order to use the demo again. The demo package includes the driver and the documentation.
Current Version: 2.30
To receive a free demo, please fill out the contact form.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB CDC/ECM Product Sheet
USB CDC/ECM Reference Manual
Licensing conditions & Prices
For more information, license conditions, prices or prices in US dollars, please fill out the contact form.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and offers a subset of product IDs (PID) to device vendors. For customers who have licensed USB software from Thesycon this service is free of charge.
Keep up to Date
If you would like to be kept informed of product updates, please subscribe to the Thesycon newsletter.
© 2013 THESYCON