TL-USBCOM Driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
The USB CDC/ACM Class Driver has been replaced by the TL-USBCOM Driver. Now Thesycon offers the Driver as described below. Previous licensees of the USB CDC/ACM Class Driver will get the new driver for update conditions. Thesycon will provide an offer on request.
The TL-USBCOM driver provides a serial port emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing a serial emulation protocol on USB. The driver works with devices that are complaint to the USB CDC/ACM device class model and also supports non-compliant devices.
TL-USBCOM Driver Features
- WDF (KMDF) compliant Windows USB device driver
- Exposes a virtual COM port with dynamic plug-and-play behavior
- Optionally exposes a static COM port to support legacy applications
- Supports devices that are compliant with the USB CDC/ACM device class specification
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the CDC/ACM specification only
- Supports devices that implement a pair of bulk pipes but are not compliant with CDC/ACM otherwise
- Supports maximum throughput achievable with a given USB device while maintaining low CPU usage (depends on USB speed and device implementation, for example: 280 Mbps at 3% host CPU usage are achievable with USB 2.0 high-speed)
- Optionally supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend
- Optional device co-installer which supports automatic COM name assignment based on rules defined in an INI-style text file
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
- The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements
- To get a WHQL certification WHQL tests must be executed with licensee's device.
- The WHQL certification can be executed by licensee or Thesycon.
- If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows 10 IoT
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
Current version: 1.25
To receive a free demo, prices or license agreement, please fill out the contact form.
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBCOM driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
© 2017 THESYCON